Statement on the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
09th September 2022
The councillors and officers of Three Rivers District Council are deeply saddened at the news of the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Our thoughts are with the Royal Family at this time.
The council will fly the Union flag at half-mast during the period of mourning, and books of condolence will be available for members of the public to sign during business hours in the reception area of the council offices at Three Rivers House in Rickmansworth.
Details of an e-book of condolence are on the website of the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire https://lord-lieutenant-herts.org.uk and the Royal website www.royal.uk
Civic engagements to be undertaken by the Chair and Vice-Chair of the council may be cancelled or adjusted during the official period of mourning, and other events planned by the council may also be subject to cancellation or change.
- The Accession Proclamation of His Majesty King Charles III will take place on Saturday 10 September at 11am, at St. James’s Palace in London. The County Proclamation will take place on Sunday 11 September at 1pm at County Hall in Hertford. Three Rivers District Council will be represented by Cllr Debbie Morris, Chair of the Council, Cllr Sarah Nelmes, Leader of the Council,, and Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive. The District Proclamation will take place in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House on Sunday 11 September at 4pm and will be open to the public. Following the announcement of the death of Her Majesty the Queen, the flag outside Three Rivers House has been lowered to half-mast. At 11am on Saturday 10 September the flag will be raised in recognition of the proclamation of the new King, and lowered again following the local proclamation at 4pm on Sunday 11 September.
- Three Rivers District Council held a Proclamation ceremony on Sunday) to mark the Accession of the new King
- Floral tributes may be placed next to the fountain in the Rose Garden opposite Three Rivers House. Please remove all plastic wrappers/protection. Flowers will be removed at close of business on Tuesday 20 September and sent for composting. Any cards will be archived.
- A letter of condolence has been sent on behalf of Three Rivers District Council to the new Sovereign’s Private Secretary, asking that condolences be passed to the new monarch. The letter was signed by the Chair, Leader of the Council and Chief Executive.
- Council services closing on bank holiday Monday 19 September