Three Rivers Workplace Travel Plan
The District Council is committed to improving sustainable transport and its travel plan, employees are encouraged to use public transport (for which approved costs will be reimbursed), car sharing and alternative methods of travel, other than by car, wherever possible. This route need not be the shortest as consideration should also be given to travel time.
At its Northway Offices, the Council provides:
- Secure cycle parking – available in a bike cage in the lower car park.
- Lockers - a locker room is located on the Lower Ground Floor behind the lift.
Keys for the lockers and bike cage are available from technical.Support@ThreeRivers.gov.uk
- Shower – There is a shower located on the Lower Ground Floor behind the lift.
- Bike Loans – you can obtain bicycles and safety equipment (up to a limit of £1000) whilst saving income tax and national insurance and pay the loan back over 12 months. Contact HR for further details.
- Cycle routes – for cycle routes around the area go to https://www.threerivers.gov.uk/egcl-page/cycling
Support to share car journeys
Car sharing is a great way of alleviating the stress caused by travel and reducing road and parking congestion. Visit Liftshare, the District Council's car-sharing provider to join up, list your regular journey and find out who you could share with.
Did you know that a commuter will typically save over £1,000 a year? Find someone to share your journey with to begin saving money.
Start sharing now!
- Local buses – Rickmansworth is well served with buses with bus stops for travelling west from the High Street and east from near Waitrose. For route planning please go to www.intalink.org.uk/
- If you use Arriva services to travel to work, visit this link - Arriva and Three Rivers District Council have joined together to offer savings on local Arriva bus travel.
- Trains – Rickmansworth station is less than 5 minutes walk from Three Rivers House with regular Metropolitan line trains. Chiltern Railways also stop at Rickmansworth and journeys take just 13 minutes to Amersham, about 35 minutes to Aylesbury and 30 minutes to London.