Where to access mental health support
If you are experiencing mental health problems and are unsure of where to turn, the first point of contact should be your GP.
Three Rivers District Council has commissioned Herts Mind Network to provide our residents with a Community Support Service (CSS). CSS provides advice, information and holistic support to people who are experiencing mental ill health or need help with their mental wellbeing.
A tailored package of support is created for each client and aims to meet their individual needs and goals. The service can provide:
- Emotional and practical support
- Help to improve health and wellbeing
- Housing related support and advice
- Support with benefit applications
- Support to attend appointments and services within the community.
- Signposting to other services
- Building life skills, confidence and self esteem
- Support to reduce social isolation
- Support those who have experienced hate crime.
To talk about the support available, contact 01923 727 356
Download the leaflet here: community-support-leaflet (pdf)
Download the referral form here: CSS Referral from (docx)
Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) is an initiative to provide easily accessible treatment to the general population experiencing common mental health problems. The aim of the service is to allow people to achieve better psychological health and wellbeing, enabling them to participate in daily living activities and gain/remain in employment.
You can either be referred into this service by a professional, or self refer.
If you need urgent support call the Single Point of Access on 0300 777 0707