Waste and Recycling Administrator
Waste and Recycling Administrator (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £20,990 (Pro rata 32.5 hours)
Job details: 32.5 hours per week, initial 6 months Fixed Term Contract
About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood is a short drive away.
At a glance
• 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt.
• 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
• Very low crime rate
• The district ranks highly for business registrations and start ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
The Role: We are looking for a Waste & Recycling Administrator (Maternity cover. Initial 6 months Fixed Term) to join our Environmental Protection team.
What we are looking for: The role will be based in the office at Batchworth Depot, Rickmansworth, WD3 1LU. Working Monday - Friday either 7.30am to 2.30pm or 8am to 3pm to provide help and support the Operational Services team within the Councils Waste & Recycling department.
As Waste and Recycling Administrator you will:
- Process requests for the service
- Maintain and update internal databases and systems
- Work alongside the Environmental Support team and assisting with daily administrative tasks
What we offer: We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days holiday - rising to 30 days (if applicable), a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
Closing Date: 28 September 2021
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Mandy Batchelor - Assistant Environmental Support Manager, (T:) 01923 727034 / (E:) firstname.lastname@example.org
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.