Tree and Landscape Officer
Salary: £27,741 - £29,577
About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District Council is an ambitious and innovative local public sector organisation in South West Hertfordshire straddles the North West corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood a short drive away.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tree and Landscape officer to join us on 6 month fixed term contract.
The Tree and Landscape section is based within the Community Services Dept. of the District Council. The section comprises of two Tree & Landscape Officers, one of which covers the southern half of the district and the other the northern half. The two officers report to the Principal Tree & Landscape Officer who oversees the work of the section. The section also works closely with the Leisure section within Community Services; Planning Officers within Regulatory services; and colleagues in Legal, Property and Customer Services.
As a Tree and Landscape Officer you will:
• Assess and comment on planning applications from a tree and landscape perspective, and advise planning officers on tree and landscape matters in accordance with national, regional and local planning policy and best practice guidance, principally the British Standard BS5837.
• Assess and determine tree works applications in respect of TPO protected trees and trees in Conservation Areas, and assist with the administration of applications.
• Investigate and respond to public enquires regarding tree matters within the district, in relation to council owned trees and protected trees.
To join us as Tree and Landscape officer you will need:
• A degree, diploma or HND in Arboriculture, Forestry, Landscape Architecture or similar equivalent.
• Experience of assessing commenting on planning applications and a familiarity with the UK planning system
• Some knowledge and experience of TPO legislation and the assessment of tree works applications and Conservation Area notifications
• Experience of undertaking condition assessment of trees.
• A UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle
What we offer:-
£27,741 - £29,577 (including Local Weighting) pro rata for 6 months
We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days holiday - rising to 30 days, a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
Closing Date: 25 April 2021
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Alex Laurie Principal Tree & Landscape Officer, (T:) 01923 776611 / (E:) 7350
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.
To apply, please visit our jobs portal.