Food Support In Three Rivers
On this page you can find details on the range of food and shopping support available in Three Rivers.
- Rickmansworth Foodbank
- Watford Foodbank (South Oxhey)
- One Vision
- Herts Independant Living Service
- Herts Help
- Healthy Start
Foodbanks give three days of emergency food to local people in crisis and enable communities to help each other. In Three Rivers we have the Rickmansworth Foodbank and Watford Foodbank.
You need a foodbank voucher to receive a parcel. Do not go directly to the foodbank.
Foodbank works with a number of different agencies, such as Citizens Advice, children’s centres and health visitors. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. To get a foodbank voucher contact one of the below:
- Call Three Rivers District Council on 01923 776611
- Contact Three Rivers Citizens Advice
- Children Centres
- Contact Herts Help
Run by the Mill End Community Trust. It operates at various locations and times across Three Rivers:
- Mill End Methodist Church, 2.00pm – 4.00pm Tuesday & 1.00pm – 3.00pm Friday
- Baptist Church, Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green 1.00pm – 3.00pm Monday - Friday
Please visit the website for more information
Providing food and help to those in need.
- South Oxhey Baptist Church, 140 Gosforth Lane, South Oxhey – Tuesday & Thursday 11am-1pm
Please visit the website for more information.
Donations are welcomed. Please drop off any items to the foodbank during its opening times.
Creating a community where people come together.
Supporting the vulnerable people in the community, particularly victims of coronavirus, through providing hot food or food parcels.
For more information visit One Vision Project or email email@example.com
Get breakfast, hot lunches and tea time meals delivered to your door every day, or whenever you need them for residents who:
- You would be at risk in preparing a meal
- You have a mental, physical, and/or learning disability
- You are frail, confused, or housebound
- You are unable to shop regularly for food or obtain a meal from any other source
- Your carer is unwell or on holiday
- You are suffering bereavement, illness, or have recently been discharged from hospital
Please note this is a payable service. For Prices and further information visit Herts Independent Living Service.
If you are a family in need of support with food and other essentials, call 0300 123 4044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're here 8am – 8pm, Monday - Friday and 10am - 6pm, Saturday and Sunday.
The Healthy Start scheme helps you give your family the very best in life. If you are pregnant or have a child under four years old you could qualify to get Healthy Start vouchers to help buy some basic foods.
If you think this may apply to you please visit Healthy Start