Three Rivers Carers Webpage

Support For Carers

For information for Carer services and support, please visit Carers in Herts.

Hertfordshire County Council has information for adult carers and children's carers.

You can also get advice and support from Herts Help  - call them on 0300 123 4044 Monday – Friday 8am-6pm.

Herts Help – provides information on support in a crisis, support in the home (including home security and safety checks), finding the right care, funding your care, as well as help to explain a problem or look for a support service.

Below is information about Benefits and Concessions available to Carers within the Three Rivers District. 



If you are attending our pantomime performance at Watersmeet then remember that carers of disabled ticket holders can go for free. We also promote this policy to all organisations who use the venue for their own performances and events.

Housing Advice

Carers can often find themselves in difficulty with their housing, either because of financial problems or because of changing needs of the person they are looking after.

The Council has just appointed a Housing Advice and Support Officer, based in the Housing Advice and Needs Team, who will advise customers with debt and other support needs in order to prevent homelessness.  The service is open to all residents irrespective of the type of housing that they have. The officer provides support with budgeting and debt management plans and can look at alternative housing options

They work closely with other agencies such as the Citizens Advice Bureau and Adult Care Services to ensure that vulnerable customers get the service that they need.

Refuse and recycling

If you are caring for a disabled or elderly person then remember that they may be entitled to an assisted bin collection. This means that our staff will collect the bin from the property, and they will not need to move the bins to the kerbside for collection.

We also provide discounts to residents in receipt of income support and other benefits for our bulky waste collection service.

Council Tax and Housing Benefit

Our Revenues and Benefits service can advise you of your entitlements to benefits and council tax discounts. Council tax discounts may be available to properties where resident carers look after a resident member of the household and/or you or a member of your household is disabled.

Council tax reduction and housing benefit may be available when you or a member of your household in on low income.