We help people to travel in more sustainable ways - making it easier to walk or go by bike and providing better buses and new travel options.
To do this, we improve local infrastructure and services to provide better bus routes, new and enhanced cycle tracks and bike parking, bus stop shelters and live passenger information screens; and improved access for people walking and cycling to town and village centres.
We also make walking, cycling and bus travel easier by managing parking on local roads - to make it safer and non-obstructive, with better off-street parking to keep roads clear while prioritising parking for the people who need it most, whether they are local residents, businesses or visitors to our District.
- Cycling and Walking in the district and information to help you to get started
- Improving Bus services through our Better Buses Programme
- Community Transport provision and support (travel options for people who find it hard to use Public passenger Transport)
- Electric vehicle charging – Charging electric cars in the District
- Retail parade revitalisation – making local shopping areas more accessible and attractive.
- Workplace Green Travel Plan - promoting better ways for our staff to travel
Sustainable travel news - what we're doing
Waiting for a bus made easier in Three Rivers, thanks to real-time updates (September 2022)
New door-to-door bus service launched to help people with mobility issues (August 2022)
Survey aims to improve walking routes across Three Rivers (August 2022)
New directional signs show walkers the way to go (August 2022)
New fully solar cycle path lighting in Leavesden (September 2019)