Support for Syrian refugees
The Council's motion on supporting Syrian refugees can be viewed here.
- Herts Welcomes Syrian Families (HWSF) is a network formed to help implement the Syrian Vulnerable Persons Relocation (VPR) scheme in Hertfordshire. Members include the Peace and Justice group at St Andrews Church in Hertford, other faith groups, individuals, and Amnesty Groups across Hertfordshire. You can fill in a form to offer your help in a number of ways. Email Irene Austin for a form or download from the organisation's Facebook page.
- The Watford and Three Rivers Refugee Partnership (WTRRP) offers practical and emotional support in West Hertfordshire to asylum-seekers and refugees. The group welcomes volunteers and donations.
- The Home Office web pages provide regularly updated information on supporting the work of international charities involved in the Syria crisis. The pages also provide updates on Government guidelines on accommodating Syrian refugees in private homes and fostering. At this point in time, the Home Office is advising that such help is not needed.
- Accommodation will be provided through local authorities and not-for-profit organisations. Three Rivers District Council is not a housing provider but is responsible for the housing register and for tackling homelessness. Any temporary accommodation provided to Syrian refugees in Three Rivers will be provided outside of the regular social housing list so local people currently on the housing register will not be affected.
- Any key announcements relating to hosting Syrian refugees in Three Rivers will be made available on this page. You can also sign up to a mailing list on the home page at Herts Welcomes Syrian Families.