Senior GIS Officer
Salary: £33,808 - £36,643 (incl of Local Weighting)
Full time, 37 hours
About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has adiverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood is a short drive away.
At a glance
• 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt.
• 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
• Very low crime rate
• The district ranks highly for business registrations and start ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high
employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
Three Rivers are looking to recruit a senior Geographical Information System (GIS) Officer for the district. Your role will be to develop a corporate GIS for the Council, which you will manage on a day to day basis to ensure data integrity and quality across the Council. You will have overall responsibility for the corporate GIS system including the collection and analysis of spatial data and integration of this data into Council wide projects. You will be required to manage and deliver multiple corporate and service based GIS developmental projects to agreed timescales and objectives including a corporate GIS strategy. In addition you will be working closely with GIS users across the Council to provide GIS support and training for specific departmental projects.
We are looking for someone who has an expertise in working with and analysing spatial data (preferably ArcGIS) and preferably gained within a Local Government setting. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex information to colleagues and partners. You will need a technical knowledge that enables you to drive system changes whilst having the personal skills required to work with others and be able to liaise regularly with services in a consultative and advisory capacity.
What we are looking for;
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in GIS, Geography, ICT, Environmental Science
• Qualified to Prince 2 Practitioner level or other suitable professional qualification or equivalent experience in project management
• Substantial experience working in a technical GIS environment (preferably ArcGIS) and detailed knowledge of GIS systems in practical use and online GIS systems.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications, include Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
What we offer:-
Salary of £33,808 - £36,643 (incl of Local Weighting)
We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days holiday - rising to 30 days with service, a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
Closing date: 30 June 2021
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Kimberley Rowley, Head of Regulatory Services on 01923 776611.
A basic DBS will be carried out for this post.