Local Support for people self-isolating

There is a range of support available to residents who have been advised to self-isolate. This includes:

  • Residents who have received a notification letter from the NHS telling them to self-isolate for 12 weeks, due to an existing underlying condition.
  • People who need to self-isolate whether due to age, due to being pregnant, because of a disability or other health condition
  • People self-isolating because they are caring for a vulnerable person, or because a member of the household has potential symptoms of Covid-19.

If you do not live locally but have a relative in Three Rivers in the above groups this advice is also for you.

Whats on this page

Support for those who have received a letter from the NHS

Your NHS letter will have advised for you to register on the government website or to call the automated phone line to register on 0800 028 8327. If you do not have support from family, friends or neighbours then you will be given support for food, essential supplies and extra care.  You can also register if you do not need support at this point in time.

Registered details will then be passed to Hertfordshire County Council. They will also be shared with national supermarket chains to help prioritise you for home deliveries.

You can also register locally for help through Herts Help – funded by Hertfordshire County Council. You can register on the Herts Help online request form or can visit, email or call HertsHelp on 0300 123 4044. Herts Help has now moved to a seven-day service, 8am to 8pm every day. This includes registering for home deliveries of medicines.

Support for all vulnerable people in Three Rivers

If you need support for food, essential supplies, walking a dog, or just need someone to talk to on a regular basis because you are on your own, you can register on the Council’s request support form or by ringing our Customer Service Centre on 01923 776611. Our call centre is open:

  • Monday - Thursday 8.30-5.30
  • Friday - 8.30-5.00
  • Saturday and Sunday CLOSED

All requests received online will be processed by Watford and Three Rivers Trust within 24 hours. 

Outside of our call centre opening hours - at weekends and bank holidays, if you have an urgent request please complete our request support form . Please note you can also call call HertsHelp on 0300 123 4044 8am to 8pm every day. 

There are several Covid support volunteer groups working across the District. Click here to find your local group.

Three Rivers District Council is working in partnership with Watford and 3 Rivers Trust to deliver services to people in our District. Details will be shared with them to respond to. They can arrange for:

  • Emergency food supplies and prescription deliveries
  • Support in getting food and other essentials delivered
  • Support walking dogs
  • Ongoing telephone support work

You will be contacted by Watford and Three Rivers Trust in the first place, and then matched with the most appropriate support service.

Cancelling food parcels

Bid Food Government Food Parcels

If the food parcel came from the government – Individuals can go back to their Shield NHS letter and either log back on to the website noting they now have support to get essential supplies (this runs the risk of being taken off the list for supermarket priority slots)

Individuals can inform the delivery driver they no longer need the parcels. Drivers expect this and have a code they can report to get the person taken off future deliveries

If you need to speak to someone at Bid Food contact details:
Email: / Phone number 01279 823 000

Herts Full Stop - HCC Food Parcels

They will be contacted before their next food delivery is due by email or by telephone (if they do not have an email address) where you have registered. If they no longer require food parcels to be delivered they can cancel at this point.

If you need to speak to someone at Herts Full Stop contact details:
Email: / Telephone No: 01992 555500

Social Care

Anyone currently using a social care service should expect that to continue, however they should speak to their care provider first or call on 0300 123 4042 for other urgent care needs.

Children and Education

DfE guidance for school and colleagues to support them keeping children safe, including online, guidance on vulnerable children and young people, updated guidance on school children with new sections on vulnerable children and safeguarding in schools, colleges and other providers.

Links to some useful websites to keep your children and you busy (pdf)

Advice and guidance to support families, managing the transition to home schooling (pdf)

Local Delivery of Food and Meals from Businesses

The following businesses have offered support to residents in Three Rivers for deliveries of food and supplies. Please see the individual information for what is being offered: Local Support from Businesses (pdf)


w3rt.png hertshelp-logo-cropped-352x355.jpg