Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) around Shepherd Primary School, Daybreak Nursery and Children’s Centre, Shepherds Lane, Mill End.
No driver shall drop off or pick up pupils from Shepherd Primary School or children attending Daybreak Nursery or Rickmansworth Children’s Centre within designated zone during term time
Mon - Fri
8am - 9.30am
2.30pm - 3.45pm
Three Rivers District Council is piloting the use of a PSPO to improve road safety by preventing vehicles dropping off and picking up a pupil from Shepherd Primary School or children attending Daybreak Nursery and Children’s Centre on Shepherds Lane, Mill End. This follows a number of complaints about the safety of children around the school and a public consultation that showed a majority in favour of this implementation.
From 4th June 2018, if a vehicle drops off or picks up a pupil from the school, nursery or children’s centre within the designated zone during term time, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am-9:30am and 2:30pm-3:45pm, the driver will be issued a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) or prosecuted. There are a number of signs around Shepherd Primary School, Mill End, that show the designated zone - where you can't drop off or pick up pupils from a vehicle.
Instead of parking within the zone, vehicles should be legally parked outside of the zone, or at the William Penn car park, where a new path has been built to allow children to walk safely to the school, nursery or children’s centre.
A leaflet, explaining the PSPO is available to read or download: School PSPO warning flyer (pdf)
View our Privacy Notice to see how we process your personal data
About the Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)
- Any driver of a vehicle seen dropping off or picking up any pupil from Shepherd Primary School, or child attending nursery or children’s centre between 8am - 9:30am and 2:30pm - 3:45pm within the designated zone will be monitored by Enforcement Officers or School Staff, which may result in the issuing of an FPN for £75.
- Details of how to pay or contest your FPN can be found on the FPN you will receive through the post.
- The FPN will be reduced to £50 if paid within 7 days of being issued.
- There will be no prosecution if paid within 14 days of being issued.
- People who do not pay FPNs, and those who repeatedly breach the Order, may be prosecuted and face a fine of up to £1,000 and a criminal record.
To pay a FPN
Visit: my.threerivers.gov.uk and follow the on-screen instructions for FPN payment
Payment by debit or credit card can be made by telephoning Three Rivers District Council Customer Service Centre on 01923 776611 between 8.30am and 5.30pm Monday-Thursday, and 8.30am-5pm on Friday. Please quote the Fixed Penalty Notice Number. Please note: We do not accept American Express or Diners Card.
Enforced hours and how we monitor
Shepherd Primary’s PSPO is enforced between 8am to 9.30am and 2.30pm to 3.45pm, Monday – Friday, during term time only. These are the main hours for drop off and pick up from the schools in the zones.
The PSPO is enforced by Council Officers
Exemptions of the school PSPOs are as follows:
- Drivers of vehicles delivering or collecting children with physical disabilities to and from the School, Nursery and Children’s Centre
- Disabled drivers who are holders of a Blue Badge or similar disabled authorisation
You will need to provide proof (i.e. blue badge) to the Council, or enforcement officer, if you are issued with an FPN but believe you should be exempt from the PSPO. Evidence of the above should be provided via the on-line form.
If close access to the school is required for pupils with additional needs or a parent/carer requires close drop off or pick up for their own health and wellbeing needs, parents/carers are advised to contact the school, nursery or children’s centre to request access to the school car park.
The designated zone will not apply to residents or their visitors – only to people dropping off or picking up pupils from Shepherd Primary School or children attending Daybreak Nursery or Rickmansworth Children’s Centre.
If you have any further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01923 776611.