06th June 2022
The Role: Revenues Inspector
Salary: £26,841 to £29,140
Three Rivers and Watford Shared Service
What we are looking for:
A Revenues Inspector to join our Revenues Team. You will be responsible for all revenues inspections, which will involve visiting customers at home, with aim of ensuring that Council Tax and Business Rate payments are received in a timely manner and databases are accurate, complete and up to date.
- Establishing liability to pay Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates as directed, including billing and collection.
- Report all changes to properties to the Valuation Office Agency.
- Investigate properties to verify exemptions, discounts and reliefs are issued correctly and take appropriate action where those reliefs no longer apply, including recommendations to issue a penalty.
- Efficient and effective maintenance of the computerised database in relation to new and altered properties / reliefs to ensure that all liable persons are properly charged either Council Tax or Non-Domestic Rates at the correct rate.
- Keep abreast of current legislation relating specifically to the administration of Local Taxation.
Ensure that Council Tax and Business Rate accounts are accurate, complete and up to date.
What you'll bring:
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain UK security clearance.
- Must have full UK driving licence and own a suitable vehicle
- Be articulate and able to develop good working relationships with colleagues, partners and customers.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with customers, many whom may be aggrieved, in person, by telephone or in writing.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan and manage your own workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and computer literate (including MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Have a flexible approach to work and ability to adapt changing demands and priorities within the Revenues Service.
It would be great if you had:
- Recent experience of working in Council Tax or Non-Domestic Rates and knowledge of existing regulations.
- Knowledge of Capita software systems.
What we offer:
We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days holiday - rising to 30 days (if applicable), a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Sophie Ayscough, Revenues Manager 01923 278084 firstname.lastname@example.org
A basic DBS / Enhanced DBS check will be carried out for this post. Previous Applicants need not to apply
To apply for the role please click here.