The Role: Revenues Inspector
Salary: £26,841 to £29,140
Three Rivers and Watford Shared Service
What we are looking for:
A Revenues Inspector to join our Revenues Team. You will be responsible for all revenues inspections, which will involve visiting customers at home, with aim of ensuring that Council Tax and Business Rate payments are received in a timely manner and databases are accurate, complete and up to date.
• Establishing liability to pay Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates as directed, including billing and collection
• Report all changes to properties to the Valuation Office Agency.
• Investigate properties to verify exemptions discounts and reliefs and take appropriate action where those reliefs no longer apply, including recommending the issue of penalties.
• Efficient and effective maintenance of the computerised database in relation to new and altered properties and reliefs to ensure that all persons are properly charged for Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates at the correct rate.
• Keep abreast of legislation relating specifically to the administration of Local Taxation
• Ensure that Council Tax and Business Rate accounts are accurate, complete and up to date.
What you'll bring:
• Must have full UK driving licence and own vehicle
• Articulate and able to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Ability to deal with customer, many whom may be aggrieved, both in person and on the telephone
• Ability to manage your own workload.
• Excellent attention to detail and computer literate
• Flexible approach to work to accommodate changing demands and priorities.
It would be great if you had:
• Recent experience of working in council tax with knowledge of council tax software systems and regulation
• The successful candidate will be required to obtain UK security clearance.
What we offer:
We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days holiday - rising to 30 days (if applicable), a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Sophie Ayscough, Revenues Manager 01923 278084 email@example.com
To apply for the role please click here.