Recycling Bins

black-green-lid-copy.pngEach property has been provided with a black bin with green lid for recycling which is collected weekly:

  • Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, white directories, Yellow Pages, envelopes,shredded paper, glass bottles and jars, food & drinks cans, aerosols, cartons (e.g tetra paks), cardboard, foil and plastics (please rinse any item which has come into contact with raw meat). 
  • Please note soft plastics (i.e carrier bags and plastic bags) cling film or expanded foam-like plastics are not accepted.
  • Please place items into this bin loose. 

Are you recycling everything you can ?

Please rinse and squash

web0249-rinsing-plastic-soft-drinks-bottle-for-recycling-shot-2-web-version-72ppi.jpgRinsing is to avoid any nasty smells that may emanate or attract pests due to food residues.

The material will be thoroughly sterilised in the recycling process so the washing does not have to be to high hygienic standards.

Recycling Bins Guidance

web0143-pile-of-mixed-flattened-cardboard-boxes-shot-2-web-version-72ppi.jpgThe recycling is collected weekly.  The bin must be left at the property boundary by 6am on the day of collection. Recycling information (pdf)

If you live in a flat you may have different arrangements, such as communal bins on a rack system. If you are unsure about the arrangements either contact the Customer Service Centre on 01923 776611 or contact your Housing Association who will be able to advise you.

If your collection is missed please use this form and report it to us within 48 hours and, should we have genuinely missed it, we will return within 48 (working) hours of being notified.

Please use the online service to enquire about your collection day.

If you require a larger or extra recycling bin please contact us.

Recycle Bins - Flats Poster.jpg






Elderly, infirm and disabled residents who have no other resident to help them move the bin may apply for an assisted collection. The bin must still be visible and the front of the property but does not have to be moved to the boundary. To apply for this service, complete the online Application Form below.