For updates on the collections at this current time please check here
Each property has a black bin with green lid for recycling which is collected weekly.
Please rinse items before recycling to prevent contamination, and put items in loose (not in plastic bags).
The recycling is collected weekly. The bin must be left at the property boundary by 6am on the day of collection. Recycling information (pdf)
- Paper: Newspapers, magazines, printer paper, junk mail, shredded paper, envelopes (including windows), wrapping paper and greeting cards (without glitter or embellishments).
- Food and drink cartons: eg. Tetra Paks
- Chocolate/biscuit tins/trays/tubs
- Cardboard: Toilet roll centres, plain greeting cards, corrugated card, cardboard boxes, sleeves and tubes.
- Plastic pots/tubs/trays
- Glass bottles/jars: Any colour. No drinking glasses or glass kitchenware.
- Plastic bottles: Drinks, toiletry bottles, and cleaning/detergent bottles.
- Aluminium foil/foil trays
- Drink cans and food tins
- Aerosol cans: Empty only
Textiles, nappies, paint tins, food waste, polystyrene, rigid plastics (toys), garden waste, electrical items, plastic bags, soft plastics (plastics you can scrunch), padded envelopes, paper towels/tissues, cotton wool/wet wipes, general household waste, plastic pouches, biodegradable packaging, cookware, kitchenware, ceramics, glass kitchenware/drinking glasses.
Please use the online service to enquire about your collection day.
If you require a larger or extra recycling bin please contact us.
Are you recycling everything you can ?
Please rinse and squash
Rinse your recyclables to avoid any smells, attraction of pests, or contamination, and flatten materials to take up less space.
The material will be thoroughly sterilised in the recycling process so washing does not have to be to high hygienic standards.
Missed Bins and Flats
If you live in a flat you may have different arrangements, such as communal bins on a rack system. If you are unsure about the arrangements either contact the Customer Service Centre on 01923 776611 or contact your Housing Association who will be able to advise you.
If your collection is missed please use this form and report it to us within 48 hours and, should we have genuinely missed it, we will return within 48 (working) hours of being notified.
Elderly, infirm and disabled residents who have no other resident to help them move the bin may apply for an assisted collection. The bin must still be visible and the front of the property but does not have to be moved to the boundary. To apply for this service, complete the online Application Form below.