Private Housing Co-ordinator
Private Housing Co-ordinator
Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire (with home working options)
Salary: £27,873 - £29,659
Three Rivers District Council is an ambitious and innovative local public sector organisation. Located in Rickmansworth, South Hertfordshire, we are just a train ride from central London and just outside the M25 and a five minute drive from junction 18 on the M25.
With a population of 86,000, our district combines the best of the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a thriving urban landscape with award-winning leisure facilities and great access to London Underground and Overground Stations.
We’re currently looking for a Private Housing Co-ordinator to support housing needs throughout our district.
- Home working options
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- 28 days’ holiday (rising to 30 with service)
- Flexible working
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Tax-efficient childcare vouchers
- Employee volunteering schemes
- Access to discounted activities and days out
This is the ideal role for a rented property or sales professional to make a real impact on homelessness in the district and support the activities of our progressive, innovative district council.
We are an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation that is continually innovating. We want to ensure that our region is a brilliant place to live and work, so we are always looking for ways to further our development.
In this exciting and vital role, you will act as the bridge between landlords, the council and homeless people, ensuring that the people who need it most have roofs over their heads and safe and secure places to stay.
As a Private Housing Co-ordinator, you will be tasked with sourcing private rented properties and administering our private rented sector (PRS) scheme.
Your overall aim will be to minimise and prevent homelessness whilst delivering on our statutory homelessness obligations.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Developing, growing and administering the PRS scheme
- Supporting the development of new models for delivering the scheme
- Assisting to develop offers and incentives for PRS landlords
- Establishing a network of PRS landlords to help increase the supply of homes available
To be considered as a Private Housing Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Practical experience of working in the private rented sector or a sales based environment
- Broad knowledge of national, regional and local housing issues
- Experience of developing initiatives
- A solution focused, persuasive and skilled approach to overcoming barriers
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To be competent in IT systems including Microsoft Office and undertake training as necessary to use bespoke IT systems
- To be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent including Maths and English
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.
Other organisations may call this role Private Sector Co-ordinator, Housing Co-ordinator, Homelessness Prevention Officer, Rehoming Co-ordinator, Rented Housing Co-ordinator, Accommodation Co-ordinator, or Lettings Co-ordinator.
Please note, the closing date for this role is 9am on Monday 13th July 2020 with interviews scheduled for the 23rd July 2020.
To apply, please click here.