Private Hire Operator licence - renewal
All application forms and supporting documents must be submitted via email to email@example.com. To arrange payment of the application fee please call customer services on 01923 776611
Please submit the following:
- Private Hire Operator New, Renewal Application Form (PDF) or Private Hire Operator New, Renewal Application Form (Online Fillable Form)
- Passport style colour photo for each applicant (see photo guidance)
- Current valid passport
- A Right to Work share code for each applicant (if not British or Irish passport holder)
- Valid HMRC Tax Code for each applicant
- Valid DVLA licence photo card and valid DVLA online check code for each applicant
- Valid Basic Disclosure certificate for each applicant. This certificate must be less than 3 months old at the time of submission.
- Certificate of public liability insurance (if premises allows access to members of public)
- Property owner's letter of permission for business to be operated at address
- List of vehicles and drivers Private Hire drivers and vehicle list
- Booking records for the previous 3 months
- Taxi safeguarding course pass certificate for each licence holder (if not previously provided)
- Payment of the relevant application fee. See below table of fee. Please note only card payments are accepted.
|1 Year 1 Vehicle||£201.00|
|5 Years 1 Vehicle||£1003.00|
|1 Year 2-4 Vehicles||£264.00|
|5 Years 2-4 Vehicles||£1319.00|
|1 Year 5-10 Vehicles||£359.00|
|5 Years 5-10 Vehicles||£1793.00|
|1 Year 11+ Vehicles||£374.00|
|5 Years 11+ Vehicles||£1871.00|
|Replacement Operator Licence||£11.00|
|Change of personal address/details||£26.00|
|Knowledge test - 1st test free all subsequent tests||£16.00|
The legal duty to be properly licensed rests with yourself. Therefore if in future you do not receive a reminder from the Council you must still seek to renew your licence. It is an offence to take a booking for a Private Hire booking without a current and valid Private Hire Operator’s licence.
All licences must be renewed before their expiry date, as shown on the licence. Any application to renew a licence that has gone beyond its expiry date will be refused and an application for a NEW operator licence will be required.
For more information on operator licences, please our online form