Private Hire Operator licence - renewal
Please submit the following:
- Application for the grant of a Private Hire Operator licence (pdf)
- Passport style colour photo for each applicant (see photo guidance (pdf)
- Current valid passport and proof of right to work in the UK for each applicant
- Valid DVLA licence photo card and valid DVLA online check code for each applicant
- Valid Basic Disclosure certificate for each applicant. This certificate must be less than 3 months old at the time of submission.
- Certificate of public liability insurance (if premises allows access to members of public)
- Property owner's letter of permission for business to be operated at address
- List of vehicles and drivers Private Hire drivers and vehicle list
- Booking records for the previous 3 months
- Taxi safeguarding course pass certificate for each licence holder (if not previously provided)
- Payment for the application fee. Please note only card payments are accepted
In order to ensure that you are operating from a base within Three Rivers, a Licensing Officer will inspect your operating base to ensure that this requirement is met. They will also request to see how bookings will be taken and records kept. The private hire operator may only operate from an address within Three Rivers, this address must be the premises where all records are kept and where bookings are made.
|1 Year 1 Vehicle||£194.50|
|5 Years 1 Vehicle||£973.50|
|1 Year 2-4 Vehicles||£256.00|
|5 Years 2-4 Vehicles||£1280.00|
|1 Year 5-10 Vehicles||£348.00|
|5 Years 5-10 Vehicles||£1740.00|
|1 Year 11+ Vehicles||£363.00|
|5 Years 11+ Vehicles||£1816.50|
The legal duty to be properly licensed rests with yourself. Therefore, if in future you do not receive a reminder from the Council you must still seek to renew your licence. It is an offence to take a booking for a Private Hire booking without a current and valid Private Hire Operator’s licence.
All licences must be renewed before their expiry date, as shown on the licence. Any application to renew a licence that has gone beyond its expiry date will be refused and an application for a NEW operator licence will be required.
For more information on operator licences, please our online form