On this page you will find class information and contact details for organisations promoting physical health. Information on this page is filtered first by district wide organisations and then by local areas to the bottom of the page. Use the links below to jump to a specific organisation or area.
- Three Rivers Leisure
- Active Watford and Three Rivers
- Watford Community Sports and Education Trust
- Shape Up Herts
- Herts Health Walks
- Pump Gyms
- Herts Help
- Healthy Hubs
- Exercises for Older Adults
- Active at Home
- Abbots Langley
- Croxley Green
- Mill End
- South Oxhey
The Three Rivers Leisure team website offers a huge range of physical activity for the public, as well as activities catered for those who have a disability. Find a park or open space on the Leisure Map. Watford and TRDC also offer a physical activity referral scheme which offers residents the opportunity to access a 12 week gym and swim programme at participating leisure venues. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 01923 776611
Active Watford and Three Rivers
Active Watford and Three Rivers is a programme which is aimed at working with Inactive people in Watford and Three Rivers, who are at risk from cardiovascular disease and/or mild to moderate mental health issues, helping them become active. Active Watford and Three Rivers Website gives information on what activities they run as well as more detail about their GP physical referral scheme. Their Facebook page is regularly updated with posts on how to keep active and what they have got going on. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 07710 096398
Watford Football Club Sports and Education Trust (WFC Trust)
WFC Trust works on making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning, you can book onto courses on their website. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
Shape Up is a men only 12 week weight loss programme, it looks at combatting the growing problem of obesity in middle age men. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 01923 496 391
Herts Health Walks is a countywide initiative of free, led walks aims to encourage people of all ages and abilities to get outdoors, get more active and reap the benefits. You can find health walks near you here. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 01992 588433
Herts Help is a free and confidential information service, providing easy access to the wide range of support offered by organisations across the county. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 0300 123 4044
The Healthy Hub is a one stop shop in Three Rivers offering free information, advice, support and community activities, to help you stay healthy, happy and well.
We work with a range of professionals who can help you get the right service or activity for your needs.
We have hubs working out of:
- Rickmansworth food bank: Methodist Church, Berry Lane, Rickmansworth WD3 7HJ, phone: 07375 365329, email: email@example.com
- Hillside Hub: School Mead, Abbots Langley, WD5 0LA, phone: 07375 365329, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASCEND: 39 Oxhey Drive, South Oxhey WD19 7SD, phone: 07483 104911, email: Healthyhub@ascend.org.uk
Through Healthy Hubs in Three Rivers you can get help to:
- manage your weight
- give up smoking
- look after your mental health
- cut down on your drinking
- become more active
- get healthy eating advice
- reduce drug use and dependency
- join community groups and activities
- get support as a carer
- find out about health events.
For more information click here: Three Rivers Healthy Hub
Below are a list of videos for older people
- 10 minute video home workouts from Joe Wicks that you can do in your own time. View the collection on his YouTube page Home Workouts for Older Adults.
- 10 Today involves short ten minute routines to get you stretching and moving, and will be broadcast on the radio and online. Our vision is a world where being physically active is part of daily life for older people.
- Move It or Lose It! was founded in 2010 by award-winning fitness expert, Julie Robinson, who has dedicated her career to motivating thousands of people to keep active so they can enjoy healthier, happier lives.
- NHS Seated Exercise. These gentle sitting exercises will help improve your mobility and prevent falls, and can even be done at home. Don't worry if you've not done much for a while – these seated exercises are gentle and easy to follow.
Active at Home - A guide to being active at home during the coronavirus outbreak
This booklet has been developed by Public Health England and Sport England to support older people and those who are shielded to be active and healthy at home. This is part of the Sport England Join the Movement campaign designed to provide inspiration and trusted information to the public about how to get active in and around the home during the coronavirus pandemic.
Abbots Langley Community Centre, located at Manor House Grounds, WD5 0A offers a wide range of activities to members of the public such as Thai boxing, Boxercise, Slimming World. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
Anytime Fitness is a fitness Gym in Croxley Business Park, it is fully stocked with professional equipment and 24/7 access. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 01923 751759
William Penn Leisure Centre has a wide range of facilities, with a fully equipped gym, squash courts and football pitches, they also offer a number of fitness classes to suit all abilities, as well as the option for home workouts and training plans. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 01923 771050
Body Coach Gym is located at 130A High Street, Rickmansworth WD3 1AB. This Body Coach Fitness Studio offers everyone, no matter your age or fitness level, the opportunity to improve your health, quality of life and fitness. They offer personal training sessions, Meta fit classes and gym equipment. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 01923 778490
South Oxhey Leisure Centre is located at Gosforth Lane, South Oxhey, WD19 7AX. They offer the option of swimming lessons, Gym memberships and access to home workouts and fitness plans. For more information and support they can be contacted on the following:
- 020 8428 4954