Active 4 Life
The Change 4 Life GP physical activity referral scheme in Watford and Three Rivers is for adults wishing to get up and get active. The scheme offers local residents the opportunity to access a 12 week programme at a participating leisure venue, supported by a fully qualified and friendly instructor.
For information on the Active 4 Life scheme follow the link below. Referrals to this service need to come from a GP, Nurse or other health professional.
FREE Outdoor Gyms for adults are available at:
- Leavesden Country Park, Abbots Langley
- Barton Way play area, Croxley Green
- Oxhey Playing Fields (Hayling Road entrance), South Oxhey
- Ebury Play Area, Rickmansworth
- West Hyde Youth Centre, Maple Cross
Community Sports Network
Three Rivers Community Sports Network aims to keep clubs, coaches, residents and visitors to the area up-to-date with sport and physical activity opportunities in the district of Three Rivers.
Use it to find out what clubs and activities are offer in different sports in the District.
Three Rivers residents aged 60 and over will be able to swim free at the specified times until 31 March 2013.
For more information see: https://www.threerivers.gov.uk/Default.aspx/Web/SwimmingOffers.
This health walking scheme is coordinated by The Countryside Management Service (CMS) and is a countywide programme of free, led walks. It aims to help promote walking and encourage more people (all ages, backgrounds and abilities) to get outdoors, get more active and reap the benefits.
For more information see: https://www.threerivers.gov.uk/Default.aspx/Web/HealthWalks.
Tea Dances take place between 1.30pm - 4pm on certain Tuesdays at Chorleywood Memorial Hall, Common Road, Chorleywood WD3 5LN: See the link below for more details.
There are lots of activities and classes in the town aimed at older residents. For more information visit the website to find out about
- Everyone Active leisure classes
- Community centre based physical activity classes, and social and lunch clubs
- Green Gym
- Watford museum activities
- Friends of groups to improve open spaces
- University of the Third Age
- Bowls Clubs
- Multi-cultural Community Centre
- Health Walks
- Cycle Clubs
- Watford Harriers activities for seniors
- Watford Football Club’s activities for over 60s