Three Rivers District Council is responsible for issuing and enforcing a wide range of licences, permits, consents, and registrations. 
Licensing: Contact Us

Licensing News 

Three Rivers District Council Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Policy 2019 Review

A review is the appropriate time to make any changes to the Policy which are considered necessary in light of previous experiences in determining applications, conducting compliance and enforcement checks and based upon changes to legislation and guidance. 

To view the draft policy please click here.

New Applicants

  •  As of 1st October 2018 all new applicants applying for a private hire or Hackney Carriage driver licence will need to successfully complete an advanced driving qualification or assessment. The qualification certificate issued by the driving assessor will need to be submitted with the new driver application
  • As of 23rd August 2018, we no longer require current drivers or applicants to submit the DVLA mandate form and £7-50 fee for us to run a check on their DVLA driving licence. Drivers and applicants are now required to go online to obtain a code, free of charge, which will enable us to view their driving licence information. Please see our Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Licences page for more information. 
  • DBS Online – As of 3 December 2018 paper DBS applications will no longer be accepted by TRDC.                                                                  All drivers will be required to apply online for their DBS certificate, either at home or at the council offices using the following link          Click here for full details on how to apply. Drivers will also be required to apply for the update service, details of which will be sent with the DBS certificate.


taxi.png wine-glass.png

Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing




Gambling and Lotteries

Charitable Collections
scrap-metal.png street-trading.png

Scrap Metal Dealers

Street Trading
magnifying-glass.png man-with-questions.png 

Public Registers





Our Policies

Licensing Fees 


Current Licensing Consultations

Please click here to view any current consultations taking place.


Please follow this link to view our Data Protection Policy

For regular and up-to-date information on Council news and community events happening in and around Three Rivers local to you:

 Follow us Twitter @ThreeRiversDC 

 Keep up to date with our e-newsletters 

 Like your area on Facebook Abbots Langley || Chorleywood || Croxley Green 
 Maple Cross and Mill End || Rickmansworth || Sarratt || South Oxhey