Licences and consents issued by other authorities

There are a number of types of licence and registrations that Three Rivers District Council Licensing do not deal with. Please see below for more information.
  • Door supervision and security licences  -  The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is responsible for licensing all individuals and companies working in the security industry, including door supervisors and security guards.
  • Performing rights licences  -  Businesses playing music may need to obtain licences from the Performing Rights Society (who license organisations to play, perform or make available copyright music) and Phonographic Performance Limited (who licence the playing recorded music and/or music videos in public). If you are showing copyrighted films in public, you will usually need a licence from the film's distributor. Many studios are represented by distributors such as the Motion Picture Licensing Corporation or Filmbank Media, who issue both single screening licences and annual licences. The British Film Institute also distributes a variety of classic films, including in specialist formats.