LEGAL OFFICER/CONVEYANCER (PROPERTY)
SALARY: £37,964 to £40,818 plus a reviewable market supplement of £3,306 per annum
Full Time at 37 hours; Flexible/part-time hours would be considered with a pro rata salary
Closing date: 30 November 2018Three Rivers District Council is an ambitious and innovative local public sector organisation. Located in Rickmansworth, South Hertfordshire, we are just a train ride from central London and just outside the M25.
With a population of 86,000, our district combines the best of the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a thriving urban landscape with award-winning leisure facilities and great access to London Underground and Overground Stations.
We are now seeking a Legal Officer to join our team on a full or part time basis.
- Salary of up to £41,270 per annum inclusive of Inner Fringe Weighting allowance
- Flexible/part time hours available
- 28 days’ holiday rising with service, in addition to Bank Holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Fantastic discounts including reduced gym membership and retailers across the district
- 20% EE discount
- Staff and their families have access to a free, confidential advice and counselling staff 24/7
- Paid time off for local volunteering
Joining our team, you will discover a flat management structure resulting in a wide range of opportunities to get involved in wider team projects and to work on higher level issues.
Working within an ambitious council which is constantly innovating, you will play a key role within an organisation dedicated to advancing the economic growth of their area through investment and connectivity.
You will join a team of ten as part of a 300 strong employee base, and will work out of offices in Rickmansworth, which is easily accessible from the M25, Metropolitan line and Chiltern Railways.
As a Legal Officer, you will provide high quality legal advice to our internal teams with a specific focus on property law.
Working on various conveyancing matters, you will make recommendations on practice and procedure as well as providing training on legal issues as necessary.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as a point of contact throughout the full lifecycle of a legal matter
- Provide high quality advice on property matters to the Board of Directors and Company Secretary of the Council’s Trading Companies
- Maintain an awareness of all relevant legislation, policy and regulations
- Assist in implementing initiatives and external schemes
- Help to market our legal services
To be considered for the role of Legal Officer, you will need:
- Previous experience of residential and commercial conveyancing and landlord and tenant matters
- Experience of drafting a wide range of legal documents including leases, transfers and licences
- An understanding of the legal framework and case law relating to property law
- A legal qualification or equivalent to Solicitor, Barrister, or Chartered Legal Executive level
We are keen to hear from you if you have held the position of Legal Officer, Conveyancer, Conveyancing Officer, Residential Conveyancer, Legal Services Officer, Solicitor, Barrister, Chartered Legal Executive, Lawyer, Legal Associate, or Associate Solicitor.
Successful applicants will be subject to a basic DBS check
For further information contact Anne Morgan, Solicitor to the Council on 01923 776611
An application pack for this position can be downloaded from the panel to the right of this advert.
Strongly committed to equality of opportunity in employment and in service. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.