Full time - 37 hours per week
Salary - £296.00 per week
We are looking an enthusiastic apprentice to join the Housing Services Department, working within the Housing Options Team. The ideal candidate does not need a background in housing, but must be able to communicate effectively and have the ability to deal sensitively and professionally with members of the public.
Detailed Job Description
- To assist in managing demand for housing by dealing with customer expectations while offering advice and assistance and housing options, acting as a caseworker to customers who approach the Council with a housing need and directing them to a solution. Where appropriate, this includes assisting clients to retain their existing accommodation or giving the full range of alternative housing options.
- To conduct full enquiries and make decisions under the homelessness legislation on the Council’s duty where the client is homeless or is threatened with homelessness, ensuring accommodation is made available where the Council owes this duty.
- To ensure the Council meets its statutory duty in providing the above, with particular reference to the Housing Act 1996 Parts VI and VII, the Homelessness Act 2002, the Localism Act 2011 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, taking into account the relevant codes of guidance and case law.
- To be responsible for maintaining the Housing Register and liaising with registered providers to ensure properties are correctly advertised and let through the Choice Based Lettings allocations scheme.
- To be responsible for the placement of homeless households in temporary accommodation where the Housing Options Team have assessed the Council has a statutory duty to provide interim accommodation.
- To work closely with the Housing Options Team and the Housing Supply Team.
- To provide support as required, enabling an effective Housing Service.
Closing date of applications - 27 August 2018 at midnight
To apply, please follow this link https://www.getmyfirstjob.co.uk/Search/Jobs.aspx?id=89089
Strongly committed to equality of opportunity in employment and in service. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.