Herts Warmer Homes
In the cold winter months it’s good to know that for those needing extra help to stay warm there is help available.
You may be able to receive funding towards heating system upgrades and insulation installs if you meet certain eligibility criteria.
Improve the energy efficiency of your home to keep warm and save money on your energy bills.
Funding for measures in the scheme is secured via the Government’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO) Scheme, and may be fully funded in some cases.
The following measures are available for eligible customers:
- Boiler replacements
- First time central heating systems
- Loft insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- External wall insulation
The Council is working with Community Interest Company YES Energy Solutions who will help you find out if you are eligible for funding.
Installs will be completed by YES Energy Solutions’ industry accredited contractors.
Safety is our main priority and the scheme is following the latest government guidelines in regards to coronavirus. YES Energy Solutions’ friendly customer advisors can explain the procedures in place to ensure safety of residents and installers.
Are you eligible?
Homeowners and private renting tenants could be eligible for funding towards home energy efficiency improvements if:
- You receive one or more of the following benefits:
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Child Benefit with a household income below the relevant threshold:
|Number of Children||Single Claimant||Member of a couple|
2. Or, meet the following additional criteria:
- Low Income
- Gross household disposable income (after rent or mortgage has been paid) £20,000 or less
a) High energy costs
Property with at least one of:
- 100m or less loft insulations
- Unfilled cavity walls
- Uninsulated non cavity walls
- No working central heating
- EPC rating of D or below
At least one of the following:
a) Aged over 65
b) Children under 5
c) Pregnant women
d) A health condition made worse by the cold (e.g. Heart disease, asthma, cancer)
e) People with substance addictions
f) People who have attended hospital due to a fall in the last year
g) People diagnosed with dementia
h) Recent immigrants or asylum seekers
If you think that you may be eligible for funding contact YES Energy Solutions:
T: 01422 880100 (office hours: 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)
Council's Statement of Intent (SOI): https://www.threerivers.gov.uk/egcl-page/statement-of-intent