Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Licence Renewals
IMPORTANT: All granted Hackney Carriage and private hire driver licenses must be renewed before their expiry. It is recommended that renewal applications are submitted at least 4 weeks prior to expiry, as a renewed licence will not be issued without officers being satisfied that the driver remains fit and proper to be licensed. There are several checks that need to be completed and until these are complete a licence will not be issued. It is the drivers responsibility to renew on time.
Please download the relevant form here:
Alternatively forms can be picked up from our reception or posted out on request.
No appointment is needed to submit an application. Please attend our offices to submit the following documents:
- a fully completed application form for renewal of licence plus appropriate fee
- 2 recent colour passport size photos. See our "Photo guidance (pdf)" about the type of photograph we will accept.
- a DVLA online check code which can be obtained here https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- all required ID documentation following an online DBS application (please see below) OR a copy of the DBS certificate that is registered on the DBS Update Service
- if required, a medical report (pdf) (all licensed drivers are required to submit a medical every 3 years until the age of 65 when this becomes an annual requirement)
Any application to renew a licence that has gone beyond its expiry date will be rejected and the applicant will be considered as a new applicant.In the avoidance of doubt, it is unlawful to driver a licensed vehicle without the appropriate licence and doing so may lead to prosecution.