Refuse Bins (Non-recyclables)
Each household has a 140 litre green bin for waste that cannot be recycled or composted. Waste in this bin will go to landfill or incineration, so please ensure there is no recyclable or reusable materials, textiles, food, or garden waste in it. As many everyday household items can be recycled, there should be very little that needs to be placed in this bin.
Check out WasteAware to see how you can reduce your waste.
The refuse bin is collected fortnightly.
Only refuse contained within the 'closed lid' wheeled bin will be collected. The collection crew have been advised not to collect any extra waste.
The wheeled bin must be left at the property boundary by 6am on the day of collection.
Please use the online service to enquire about your collection day.
Look for more information about all services offered by the Council - Recycling Bins Leaflet (pdf)
The Council offers several options for residents with children in nappies;
- A reward of up to £50 is available to parents who use real nappies. Using real nappies can save up to £500 for the first child, with even bigger savings to be made if you re-use them for other children. Around 14% of landfill is nappies, so why not try a switch to cloth nappies?
- White nappy sacks, with the Council logo on, can be purchased from Council offices and selected libraries for 30p each. These will be collected with your green refuse bin, provided they are left next to it.
Purchase nappy sacks from;
- Three Rivers House - Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL.
- Abbots Langley Parish Council - Council Offices, Langley Road, Abbots Langley, Herts WD5 0EJ
- Watford Rural Parish Council - Parish Council Office, Oxhey Drive, South Oxhey, Herts WD19 7SB
- Chorleywood Library - Lower Road, Chorleywood, Herts WD3 5LB
- Abbots Langley Library - High Street, Abbots Langley, Herts WD5 0AP
- Croxley Green Library - The Council Offices, Community Way, Croxley Green, Herts, WD3 3BN
Missed Bins and Flats
If your collection is missed please use this form and report it to us within 48 hours and, should we have genuinely missed it, we will return within 48 (working) hours of being notified.
If you live in a flat you may have different refuse arrangements, such as communal bulk bins.
Elderly, infirm and disabled residents who have no other resident to help them move the bin may apply for an assisted collection. The bin must still be visible and the front of the property but does not have to be moved to the boundary. To apply for this service, complete the online Application Form below.
Brown BinsGreen BinsRecycling BoxesRubbish, Waste and Recycling