Energy Company Obligation (ECO) Funding
Three Rivers District Council has access to Energy Company Obligation (ECO) funding to help eligible residents improve the warmth of their homes and save money on their energy bills.
ECO funding can be used to fund energy efficient (A-rated) boilers, cavity wall insulation and loft insulation for qualifying residents.
Funding for measures in the scheme is secured via the Government’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme, and may be fully funded in some cases.
The Council is working to deliver ECO funding with Community Interest Company, YES Energy Solutions, who will help you find out if you are eligible for the scheme and coordinate the installation of measures by industry-accredited contractors.
Are you eligible?
Homeowners and private rented tenants could be eligible for ECO funding towards home energy efficiency improvements if:
You receive one or more of the following benefits:
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independent Payment
- Child benefit with a household income below the relevant threshold:
Number of children
Member of a couple
- Have an income of £20,000 or less (after rent or mortgage has been paid), and any of the following apply to you or others in your household:
- Aged over 65
- Have children under 5
- Pregnant women
- Have a health condition made worse by the cold (e.g. heart disease, asthma, cancer)
- Recent immigrants or asylum seekers
- People who have attended hospital due to a fall in the last year
- People diagnosed with dementia
- People with substance addictions
You live in a property with at least one of the following, making your heating costs high:
- 100mm or less loft insulation
- Unfilled cavity walls
- Uninsulated non cavity walls
- No working central heating
- EPC rating of D or below
If you think you may be eligible for funding, contact YES Energy Solutions:
- Telephone: 01422 880100 (office hours: 9am – 5pm, Mon –Fri)
- Website: yesenergysolutions.co.uk/schemes/three-rivers-eco-scheme
- Email: email@example.com
Statement of Intent
Three Rivers District Council is working in partnership with Yes Energy Solutions. The publication of this Statement of Intent (SOI) enables Three Rivers District Council to provide additional eligibility criteria under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) Local Authority Flexibility route.
Please see the document below for the latest version of the Council's Statement of Intent:
The council will never cold call residents about making improvements to their homes. If you are contacted by a company which is not listed on our website as an approved managing agent about insulation, solar panels or any other home improvements and are unsure if it is a scam, please call Three Rivers District Council customer service centre on 01923 776611.
If you believe you have been contacted by a scammer, you can report them to the police by contacting Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or by visiting www.actionfraud.police.uk