The results of previous county, district and parish council elections are published on the Local Elections page.
The results of previous Parliamentary elections are published on the General Elections page.
The results of previous Police and Crime Commissioner elections are published on the Police and Crime Commissioner Elections page.
The results of previous referenda are published on the Referenda page.
If you wish to contact an officer for information about Electoral Registration or Elections please see the Officer Contact Page.
Referendum Petition Notice
The attached notice shows the number of local government electors necessary to hold a referendum on an elected mayor.
Referendum Petition Notice (February 2021) (pdf)
The Returning Officer is the person who has the overall responsibility for the conduct of elections. The Returning Officer is an officer of the Council who is appointed under the Representation of the People Act 1983, although appointed by the council the role of the Returning Officer is one of a personal nature and distinct and separate from their duties as an employee of the council. The Returning Officer is responsible for:
- the nomination process for candidates and political parties
- provision and notification of polling stations
- appointment of Presiding Officers and polling clerks
- appropriate administration and security of polling stations
- preparation of all ballot papers
- the actual count and declaration of results
- issue, receipt and counting of postal ballot papers
- all candidates' election expenses returns
- presentation of final account and,
- reclamation of funding from external bodies as prescribed
At Three Rivers District Council, The Chief Executive has the following appointments:
- District and Parish Council elections – Returning Officer
- County Council elections – Deputy Returning Officer
- Parliamentary (General) elections – Acting Returning Officer