Domestic Abuse Support
If you have been the victim of abuse call 999 in an emergency. If it is not an emergency you can call the police on 101.
- Herts Mind Network: Domestic Abuse Caseworker Confidential individual service for anyone affected by domestic abuse, to listen, offer advice, information and practical help to empower people to enhance safety and well being. 01923 727 141
- Herts Mind Network: Domestic Abuse Prevention A non-judgemental service for anyone who is concerned about their behaviour towards a partner, ex partner or family member and want to make a positive change in their behaviour. 07950 214 822
- Three Rivers also has an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) who supports high-risk victims of Domestic Abuse living within the Three Rivers District. The IDVA works with clients who are referred from other services or self-referred to support them with personal safety, security, housing, civil remedies and criminal law. This service is independent and therefore the Police do not have to be involved. The service is free, confidential and non-judgmental.
You can self-refer to an IDVA by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The main office can be contacted on 0300 790 6772 or the IDVA directly on 01923 727231. If they are not available please contact the central office listed above.
You may also find some useful information and contact numbers listed below.
- Hertfordshire Domestic Violence/Abuse Helpline A confidential and free support and guidance service for anyone affected by domestic abuse. They also provide information on support services for other needs. 0808 808 8088 (Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm & Saturday and Sunday 9am – 4pm)
- National Centre for Domestic Violence Provides a free, fast emergency injunction service to survivors of domestic abuse regardless of their financial circumstances. 0800 970 2070
- Women's Aid A national charity running a free 24 hour helpline. 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Beacon Hertfordshire’s support and services for victims of all types of crime 03000 115 555
- Victim Support An independent charity to ensure people get the support needed if they have been affected by a crime. 0808 1689 111
- Safer Places An independent charity providing a range of services to men, women and children in Hertfordshire who are affected by domestic abuse, including sexual abuse and stalking. 03301 025 811
- Herts Sunflower has information for victims, perpetrators and children affected by abuse, as well as information for people who have concerns or would like to learn more about which signs to spot.
Support for demographics
- Action on Elder Abuse A national charity working to end harm, abuse and exploitation of older people. Their helpline provides support for older people experiencing domestic abuse 0808 808 8141
- DeafHope A specialist Domestic Abuse service for the Deaf. 0208 772 3241 Text/SMS 07970 350 366
- Male Advice Line Provides advice and support for men experiencing domestic abuse 0808 801 0327
- Mankind Provides a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse and offers emotional support and practical information 01823 334 244
- Galop The National LGBT+ helpline for domestic abuse and sexual violence. Galop also provides information on hate crime, and support those who have questions about the criminal justice system. 0800 999 5428
- Watford Women's Centre Provides career advice, education and skills development, domestic abuse support & therapies for women, in order to empower then to be independent, productive and healthy. 01923 816 229
Support for specific types of Abuse
- Sexual Assault Referral Centre Provide individual support to people who have been sexually assaulted of raped. 01442 270 679
- National Stalking Helpline Provides information, support and advice through the helpline or email to those experiencing stalking or harassment. (9.30am – 4 pm weekdays, except Wednesdays 1 pm – 4pm) 0808 802 0300
- Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworker Provides a 24 hours helpline as well as one to one advice and advocacy to victims of stalking 03301 02 5811
- Karma Nirvana Provides a range of support and resources for those experiencing Honour Based Abuse or Forced Marriage 0800 5999 247
- Daughters of Eve support those with concerns or questions about Female Genital Mutilation. You can send a message through their website or text on: 07983 030 488
If you are looking for emergency housing in order to escape from domestic abuse you can contact our Housing Needs Team on 01923 776611 or e-mail: email@example.com
The police have a specialist Domestic Abuse, Investigation and Safeguarding Unit (DAISU) who provide support for victims of domestic abuse.