Domestic abuse caseworker prevention
Salary: £21,500 - £24,000 per annum including Outer London Weighting (OLW) dependent on skills and experience [pro rata]
Location: Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth and Hertfordshire Mind Network’s Watford Wellbeing Centre. Please note that there may be some travel outside of the Three Rivers area in relation to clients resident in Three Rivers.
Job details: 22.5 hours per week (3 days)
Closing date: 24 January 2019 at 5pm
Hertfordshire Mind Network has formed a partnership with Three Rivers District council and a number of other key stakeholders to provide a Domestic Abuse Casework Service. Herts Mind Network has recently been given funding to launch a pilot service aimed at supporting perpetrators of Domestic Abuse towards reducing their abusive behaviour. This service will fall under the Domestic Abuse Service. The service will aim to offer advice and support to perpetrators of abuse who are looking to change their behaviour and work towards a more positive outcome. The service will support clients to access relevant services in their area to decrease their abusive behaviour and to deal with any underlying factors or difficulties in their lives. The service will also look to raise awareness of abusive behaviour in perpetrators so that they are able to identify it themselves and look for alternative options. All advice will be based upon a thorough understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse as well as assessment of risk and its management.
- To support perpetrators of abuse to make a positive change in their behaviour and reduce their abusive actions
- To improve risk management and safety of survivors by enabling perpetrators to access support
- To remain an independent source of support for all clients
- To contribute to a reduction of repeat victimisation
- To increase early intervention of abuse and prevent its escalation
- To work with the wider team within Hertfordshire Mind Network and support clients in accessing additional support e.g. counselling, peer support, employment support and self-development courses
- To work with other professionals e.g. police, health, social care, housing, and signpost and liaise with such agencies as necessary
- To work with and signpost to other third sector partner agencies as necessary
- To work with and provide a service for people who may have multiple needs
- To act as a point of contact for those seeking advice and signposting, assisting them with appropriate services in their area.
- Work within the Community Partnerships Team to share information and work in partnership on cases.
- Provide a first point of contact for professionals and clients
- To manage a caseload of clients, meeting and supporting them via phone and in person.
For more information about this role please contact Jon Nelson on email@example.com
How to apply:
Please see the job description and personal specification to the right of this advert.
To apply please click here.