Croxley Green Neighbourhood Area
Designation of Croxley Green Neighbourhood Area.
An application was made to the Council on 8 November 2013 by Croxley Green Parish Council. Following a period of public consultation undertaken during December 2013 and January 2014, the Executive Committee resolved that the area be designated as the Croxley Green Neighbourhood Area. The application and the Neighbourhood Area Map are available to view below:
Croxley Green Parish Neighbourhood Area Application (pdf)
Croxley Green Designated Area Map (pdf)
The Parish Council will now be able to begin work on a Neighbourhood Plan for Croxley Green. A Neighbourhood Plan, which can become part of the statutory development plan for the designated area, can assist people in shaping how their community develops by establishing general planning policies for the development and use of land within the defined area. The content of a Neighbourhood Plan can be adapted to reflect the local situation but it is likely to include development management policies (e.g. design policies).
To become part of the development plan, a Neighbourhood Plan must receive a majority ‘Yes’ vote in a local referendum organised by the Local Planning Authority. To reach the referendum stage a Neighbourhood Plan needs to progress through several stages:
- Completed Neighbourhood Plans are submitted to the Local Planning Authority who need to be satisfied that the submitted plan complies with the strategic priorities of the local development plan (e.g. adopted Core Strategy).
- Following a period of public consultation, the submitted plan will be examined by an independent inspector who is required to ensure the plan meets a set of basic conditions and legal requirements.
- Following a successful examination, a submitted Neighbourhood Plan can continue to a Local Referendum (in this case within Croxley Green) and, if successful, be adopted as part of the development plan.
For more information on Neighbourhood Plans please see:
- www.threerivers.gov.uk/egcl-page/neighbourhood-planning (Three Rivers District Council)
- www.ourneighbourhoodplanning.org.uk (Royal Town Planning Institute)
- www.mycommunity.org.uk/programme/neighbourhood-planning/ (Locality)