Three Rivers District Council and Watford Borough Council have a shared Finance department, which incorporates the counter fraud service. The information below is for 2016/17.
1. Number of occasions powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 201432, or similar powers have been used
Watford and Three Rivers Council is a member of Nafn (National Anti Fraud network) and all Authorised Officer requests are dealt with by them directly.
2. Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud
4 employees for the shared service.
3. Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists
4. Total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud,and
£65,000 (Three Rivers only).
5. Total number of fraud cases investigated.
399 cases for the shared service.