Council tax valuation and bands
Council tax is based upon the value of your home at 1 April 1991 and to some extent where you live within the district. Each property is placed in a band which determines the amount payable. Once your property has been valued and given a banding, the actual council tax charge varies slightly depending on where you live in the district.
The current banding charges are:
- Band A Up to £40,000
- Band B £40,001 to £52,000
- Band C £52,001 to £68,000
- Band D £68,001 to £88,000
- Band E £88,001 to £120,000
- Band F £120,001 to £160,000
- Band G £160,001 to £320,000
- Band H Exceeding £320,001
Go to our online services to view your council tax details, sign up for a direct debit or search for a council tax band.
For more information about the valuation process for council tax visit the Valuation Office.