We want Three Rivers to be a place for everyone where all our communities enjoy a healthy and sustainable future with access to good quality housing and open spaces, high quality services, and a successful economy.
The themes and strategic objectives for the Council are outlined below, and we shall work with public, private and voluntary services to achieve them.
1) Housing and Thriving Communities
- We will work on a local plan to deliver sufficient housing and adopt that plan by 2021
- Through our joint ventures and partnerships we will take all available practicable action to increase the
supply of affordable homes in the district
- We will complete the delivery of the main and learner pools and refurbishment to the leisure venue at
- We will seek to increase the number of Green Flag accredited parks and open spaces
- We will work towards reducing inequalities, prevent homelessness and encourage healthy lifestyles
- We will continue to work with partners to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour and secure
2) Sustainable Environment
- We will produce and deliver a Climate Change Strategy and action plan
- We will continue to improve the energy efficiency of the Council’s buildings
- We will deliver and implement a Cycling and Walking Strategy
- We will seek to maintain our position as the highest recycling authority in Hertfordshire.
3) Successful Economy
- We will undertake a review of the Council’s role in relation to the economy and agree an economic strategy
- We will continue to participate in the Hertfordshire Growth Board and South West Herts Partnership and engage the Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership to support the economy
- Three Rivers will be recognised as a great place to do business
- We will continue to improve our relationship with the local business community
- We will continue to support Visit Herts and promote Three Rivers as the home of the internationally
4) High Performing, Financially Independent Council
- We will generate enough income to continue to provide services for the district
- We will develop and deliver an improved Property Investment Strategy to maximise income from our assets and support the Commercial Strategy
- We will progress our Customer Service Strategy that provides a range of contact channels for customers and sets out corporate expectations of how they should be treated
- We will produce an Organisational Development Strategy to support the Council in delivering its priorities and objectives.
You can view a copy of our Corporate Framework here - Corporate Framework (pdf)