22nd February 2023
Full Time, Permanent
£33,820 - £36,298, per annum excluding London Weighting
About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north-west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood is a short drive away.
We are looking for a full-time Committee Manager to join Committee team. The Committee Team is responsible for meeting the Governance needs of the Leader of the Council, Deputy Leader of the Council, Lead Members, Group Leaders, Chairs of the Committees, Chair and Vice-Chair of the Council and other Elected Members. We provide support to the Chief Executive and Directors and provide advice to Officers of the Council on Committee processes and procedures.
The Committee Team have responsibility for the efficient and and effective conduct of meetings of the Council,
Committees, sub-committees and a range of other formal and diverse meetings.
• Research, analysis and preparation of reports for the Council, Committees, Forums, Members and Officers.
• Provide efficient servicing of meetings of the Council, Forums, Committees, placing particular emphasis on the
related administrative tasks.
• Arranging and opening of tenders where required.
• To provide advice to ensure the adherence to the Authority’s Procedure Rules and Codes of Practice and
answer enquiries and complaints within the Committee sections remit.
• Carry out further Committee or administrative duties as may be required.
• To assist with the editing of the Committee web pages.
• Day to day administration of Members travel and subsistence
Meeting the Governance needs of the Leader of the Council, Deputy Leader of the Council, Lead Members,
Group Leaders, Chair of the Committees, Chair and Vice-Chair of the Council and other Elected Members.
Provide advice to Officers of the Council on Committee processes and procedures.
• People and Organisation Management
• To undertake any necessary duties on behalf of the Principal Committee Manager or other Committee staff
arising from periods of holiday or sickness.
• Finance and budgetary control
• To assist in the monitoring of the Committee budgets
• To assist with Members IT provision and the Recording of Meetings, Livestreaming and Council Microphones
• Attendance at meetings of the Committees, usually as a sole representative, and to produce an electronic copy
of the meeting minutes.
• Ability to operate in a political environment
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
• Good communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to clerk Council meetings
What we offer:-
£33,820 - £36,298 per annum
We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days holiday - rising to 30 days, a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
Closing Date: 17th March 2023
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Sarah Haythorpe, Principal Committee Manager, (T:) 01923 776611
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.
This post is politically restricted.