The Domestic Abuse Disclosure Scheme - Clare's Law

If you have concerns that your partner or someone else may have an abusive history, Clare's Law is a scheme that will allow you to make enquiries through the police. This will enable you to make an informed decision about whether to continue the relationship or advise others to. This will provide signposting to further help and support.

Who can ask for a disclosure?

  • If you have a concern that your partner may harm you
  • If you are a third party who are concerned about someone who may be at risk of domestic abuse

Information will only be given to someone who is in a position to use the information to protect others from the abuse.

How to make an application:

  • Visit a police station
  • Phone 101 (non-emergency police)
  • Speak to a member of police on the street

If you believe there is an immediate risk to someone or yourself, or in an emergency call 999.

For more information or to make an application please visit the Hertfordshire Police website