Census Engagement Manager
Census Engagement Manager
Location: Across England and Wales
Contract Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Dates: 28 September 2020 to 14 May 2021
Working pattern: Hours are flexible and need to be worked to best support the communities you are working with (this will need to include some evening and weekend work)
The census is a once a decade compulsory survey of the entire population of England and Wales. It provides detailed information and statistics that drive future decisions and the direction of the country.
Census 2021 will continue a history that stretches back more than 200 years - there’s been a census every ten years since 1801, except for 1941. The census is unique and touches every individual and household in the UK. The data collected is vital in helping us understand our society. It opens a window on the needs of different groups within our population, supports equalities monitoring and is used by organisations and individuals to make decisions that affect us all. Government, businesses, charities and local authorities use the data to understand changing demands for transport links and for public services such as schools, doctors’ surgeries and hospitals.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) carries out the census for England and Wales. Find out more about the Census 2021– www.census.gov.uk
The purpose of a census engagement manager
• work with councils and diverse communities to help make Census 2021 a success in your area
• build trust and encourage participation in the census, ensuring the data it subsequently provides is representative of everyone
• understand your area and engage diverse groups of the population within it
• ensure the maximum number of people complete their census questionnaire
• focus on groups within your area that need additional support or encouragement to take part
• act as the day to day contact for local authorities on census matters
To view the job description, please click here.
A CEM has been allocated to each of the areas below:
Babergh, Ipswich, Mid Suffolk, East Suffolk, Basildon, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Epping Forest, Harlow, Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Braintree, Uttlesford, Colchester, Tendring, Broxbourne, Welwyn, Hatfield, Dacorum, Three Rivers, East Cambridgeshire, West Suffolk, Fenland, Huntingdonshire, Great Yarmouth, Broadland, Norwich, South Norfolk, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Breckland, North Norfolk, Luton, North Hertfordshire, East Hertfordshire, Stevenage, Peterborough, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridge, Southend-on-Sea, Maldon, Rochford, Thurrock, Castle Point, Watford, St Albans, Hertsmere.