Care leavers

The Council has special arrangements in place with Hertfordshire County Council to assist care leavers into permanent accommodation when they turn 18 years old.

If you are referred to the Housing Supply Team by Hertfordshire County Council, you will be eligible to join the Housing Register and awarded Band B priority to bid for social housing properties in the Three Rivers District.

If you are homeless you will be in ‘priority need’ until you are 21 and in some cases, older than 21 depending on whether you are considered ‘vulnerable’ as a result of having been in care. Depending on your circumstances, this may mean the Council has a duty to provide you with permanent accommodation.