During cold weather, you can take a few simple measures to reduce the risk of your bin becoming frozen.
The garden waste collection service is chargeable, only brown bins that are paid for and displaying the sticker (sent to you upon payment) will be emptied. The annual charge is £50, with a reduction for certain benefits (see terms and conditions (pdf)). Second and third bins are charged at £85 each.
Please click on this link to subscribe to the Garden Waste Collections Service.
The brown bin must be left at the property boundary by 6am on the day of collection.
What can you recycle in your brown bin?
- Organic garden waste only.
- NO cardboard, food, soil, gardening tools, plant pots, or garden toys should be placed in the brown bin.
- A Fixed Penalty Notice may be issued to residents that persistently and wilfully put the wrong items in their brown bin.
- Real Christmas trees do not go inside your garden waste bin, please leave them beside it, with the stand and decorations removed.
- Why not try Home Composting?
Please download more recycling information (pdf).
All residents are encouraged to place their house name / number on each bin.
Please use the online service to enquire about your collection day.
If your collection is missed please use this form and report it to us within 48 hours and, should we have genuinely missed it, we will return within 48 (working) hours of being notified.
Elderly, infirm and disabled residents who have no other resident to help them move the bin may apply for an assisted collection. The bin must still be visible at the front of the property but does not have to be moved to the boundary. To apply for this service, complete the online Application Form below.