Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood is a short drive away.
At a glance
• 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt.
• 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
• Very low crime rate
• The district ranks highly for business registrations and start ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
The Department: Revenues and Benefits
The Role: Benefits Officer
What we are looking for:-
An opportunity has arisen to join us in our busy Benefits Service as a Benefits Officer.
What will you be doing?
• Assessing Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction Claims including updating our computer systems
• Provide general benefit advice and support to customers making a claim for housing benefit and/or council tax reduction as well as dealing directly with customers, their representatives, landlord or other third parties in respect of the customer's claim for benefit or reduction
• Receiving, verifying and scanning customers’ documentation and maintaining records
Please note that this role does include delivering face-to-face services to our customers in our visitors centre at the councils offices.
What we offer:-
An 18 month fixed term contract role with a salary of £31,099 - £34,723 excluding London Weighting allowance.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days holiday - rising to 30 days (if applicable), a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Connie Uka, Benefits Manager, (T:) 01923 278272 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.