Job Title: Benefits Officer
Salary: £28,215- £31,613 (inc of Local Weighting)
Contract: 6 month Fixed Term
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Watford Borough Council, Town Hall Watford with some travel to Three Rivers District Council.
Close Date: 18 October 2018
The Department:- Revenues and Benefits Shared Services – to be based at Watford Borough Council, Town Hall Watford
The Role holder will:-
Process claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support both accurately and quickly so that agreed targets are met.
Ensuring that claims and changes are processed as per the targets set
Pended and suspended cases are dealt with required timescales
Maintain an up to date knowledge of procedures, regulations and systems and provide an awareness of other welfare benefits such as Universal Credit where appropriate.
Consider and make recommendations on back dating benefit claims.
Maintain a high level of customer care in all operations.
What we are looking for:-
- An experienced candidate to work in a customer-facing role
- Experience of working within a benefits environment and knowledge / awareness of Housing Benefit legislation (at least 2 years experience of processing benefit claims)
Familiar with Microsoft systems (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Use of Advantage Revenues and Benefits Systems would be essential
- Use of Information@Work DIP system (or any DIP system) would be an advantage but not essential
About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood is a short drive away.
At a glance
- 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt.
- 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
- Very low crime rate
- The district ranks highly for business registrations and start ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average.
What we offer:-
We offer an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary, 28 days holiday - rising to 30 days, a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
How to apply:-
An application pack for this position can be downloaded from the panel to the right of this advert.
Strongly committed to equality of opportunity in employment and in service. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Connie Uka, (T:) 01923 728272.
A Disclosure Scotland check/ DBS enhanced check will be carried out for this post
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to inform all applicants as to whether or not they have been shortlisted. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.