In this section
Rickmansworth Aquadrome is a beautiful open space, free for all to enjoy.
As a Local nature reserve, it boasts two large lakes - Batchworth and Bury Lake. These are surrounded by woodland and open grassland, giving stunning views across the water. The paths surrounding the lakes are fully accessible, so all our visitors have an opportunity to connect with nature whilst being on the doorstep of Rickmansworth town.
The site has many habitats, including rare wet woodlands. Whilst these areas can look a little untidy, they are an uncommon and valuable habitat. The Aquadrome is of particular importance for water birds and a popular place to spot different wildfowl including mallards and great crested grebes.
The Aquadrome also offers homes to many water-based clubs as well as an excellent cafe and two play areas designed to allow young people to play on an exciting variety of equipment.
This is an excellent starting point to connect to the Colne Valley Park and onto the Grand Union Canal at Batchworth Lock. You can access the Ebury Way from the canal which is for cyclists and walkers.
All of this combines to make for a memorable visit to the Aquadrome and beyond. It is unique in what it has to offer, protect and enhance. Please come and enjoy.
Frogmoor Lane (off Harefield Road), Rickmansworth, WD3 1NB
Car park opening times
1 April - 30 September - 8am to 9.30pm 1 October - 31 March- 8am to 6pm Please note; the car park will be locked after these times.
The site is also easily reached by public transport as Rickmansworth Station (Chiltern and Metropolitan lines) are just a five minute walk away.
- Two lakes to walk around and explore
- Café in the Park
- Free car parking (see above opening times)
- Accessible pathways
- Two play areas
- Dog free picnic area with additional play equipment
- Access to the Grand Union Canal footpath
- Water based sports clubs N.B. Activities that take place on the lakes within the Aquadrome are part of the associated clubs. Please contact them directly if you would like to participate in their activities. Three Rivers District Council prohibits the use of personal equipment on the lakes. Paddle boarding and wind surfing activities are strictly forbidden independently.
BBQ's are strictly prohibited at The Aquadrome.