Planning Committee - 24 May 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 24 May 2018 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Sarah Nelmes (Chairman) Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Diana Barber Stephen King
Sara Bedford David Major
Steve Drury Debbie Morris
Peter Getkahn Reena Ranger
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
15 May 2018
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 19 April 2018.18-04-19-pc-draft-mins
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. Consideration of objections and confirmation of the Three Rivers (1 The Orchard on the Green, Croxley Green) Tree Preservation Order 2018 TPO885.18-04-24-pc-i-tpo885-the-orchard
6. Consideration of objections and confirmation of the Three Rivers ( The Green, Croxley Green) Tree Preservation Order 2018 TPO887.18-05-24-pc-i-tpo887-the-green
The following applications (agenda items 7 to 18) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
7. 18/0207/FUL – Erection of two storey building with habitable roofspace to create 7 x 2 bed self-contained flats with associated parking within basement level, cycle and refuse store, amenity areas and landscaping involving demolition of existing dwellinghouse at 38 EASTBURY AVENUE, NORTHWOOD HA6 3LN for Mr John Gavacan-07-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0207-ful-38-eastbury-avenue-northwood
8. 18/0320/FUL Partial demolition of existing dwelling and construction of two storey rear extension and single storey rear extension; subdivision of site and construction of one new five bedroom detached dwelling with basement level and detached double garage and extension to existing hardstanding at RED HOUSE, DOG KENNEL LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5EL-08-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0320-ful-the-red-house-chorleywood
9. 18/0322/FUL - Demolition of existing garages and construction of three linked two storey buildings consisting of a total of 6 flats for temporary accommodation with associated car parking and landscaping at GARAGES BETWEEN 83 AND 89 THE QUEENS DRIVE, MILL END WD3 8LS for Three Rivers District Council-09-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0322-ful-garages-at-the-queens-drive-mill-end
10. 18/0447/FUL – Demolition of existing side projections and construction of two storey side and rear extensions; creation of basement; roof alterations including insertion of rear dormer to create second floor accommodation; and internal alterations at 5 BEDFORD ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2BA for Mr and Mrs Patel-10-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0447-ful-5-bedford-road-moor-park
11. 18/0485/FUL - Part-single, part two-storey front and side extension and single storey rear extension at 10 HORWOOD CLOSE, MILL END, WD3 8RS, for Mr and Mrs Melville-11-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0485-ful-horwood-close-mill-end
12. 18/0544/FUL - Part single, part two storey side and rear extension and front porch at 59 HIGH ACRES, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0JB, for Mr R Shalom-12-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0544-ful-high-acres-abbots-langley
13. 18/0589/FUL - Partial demolition of existing dwelling and construction of single storey front extensions, single storey rear extension, loft conversion including increase in ridge height, front and rear dormer windows, construction of outbuilding for use as a residential annexe and alterations to driveway at 21 ALVA WAY CARPENDERS PARK WD19 5EE for Mr Lee Tonner-13-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0589-ful-21-alva-way-carpenders-park
14. 18/0677/FUL - Construction of a first floor side extension, single storey rear extension and two storey rear extension at 34 ROMAN GARDENS, KINGS LANGLEY, WD4 8LG for Mr A Fitzgerald-14-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0677-ful-34-roman-gardens-kings-langley
15. 18/0681/FUL – Roof alterations including part increase in ridge height; part two storey, part single storey rear extension; insertion of rear dormer and creation of lower ground floor level, and insertion of raised terrace and balcony to rear at 31 ASTONS ROAD, MOOR PARK For Mr Kinner Lakhani-15-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0681-ful-31-astons-road-moor-park
16. 18/0685/FUL – Part single, part two storey side extension at 35 SPRINGWELL AVENUE, MILL END, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 8PY for Mr Gareth Tate-16-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0685-ful-35-springwell-avenue-mill-end.
17. 18/0723/FUL – Construction of an ancillary outbuilding at 62 BARTON WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 3QA for Mr Ejaz Shah-17-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0723-ful-62-barton-way-croxley-green.
18. 18/0772/FUL – Variation of Condition 2 (Plan Numbers) of planning permission 17/2467/FUL to remove most of the original garage structures to the north of the site and to install a single standalone portacabin at GARAGES REAR OF 32 TO 34 BLACKFORD ROAD, SOUTH OXHEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD19 6YN, for Steve Ingram-18-18-05-24-pc-i-18-0772-ful-garages-rear-of-32-to-34-blackford-road-south-oxhey.
19. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
20. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
"that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015