Planning Committee - 21 April 2016
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 21 April 2016 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Councillors:- Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman) Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Diana Barber David Major
Phil Brading Debbie Morris
Marilyn Butler Reena Ranger
Peter Getkahn Ann Shaw OBE
Alex Hayward Stephen Cox
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
12 April 2016
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 17 March 2016 (circulated separately).16 03 17 PC mins
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. Consideration of objections and confirmation of The Three Rivers (30 South Road, Chorleywood) Tree Preservation Order 2016, TPO84616 04 21 PC i - (05) TPO 30 South Road Chorleywood
6. Consideration of objections and confirmation of The Three Rivers (17 Heronsgate Road, Chorleywood) Tree Preservation Order 2016, TPO84916 04 21 PC i - (06) TPO 17 Heronsgate Road Chorleywood
7. Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (Regency House 43 High Street Rickmansworth) Tree Preservation Order 201616 04 21 PC i - (07) TPO Regency House 43 High Street Rickmansworth
8. Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (103 Raglan Gardens Oxhey Hall Watford) Tree Preservation Order 201616 04 21 PC i - (08) TPO 103 Raglan Gardens Oxhey Hall Watford
9. The following applications (agenda items 10 to 15) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports
10. 16/0005/FUL – Hybrid planning application for the phased comprehensive redevelopment of the land at South Oxhey (South Oxhey Central, Maylands Road, Hayling Road and Hallowes Crescent) to include the demolition of existing buildings and provision of residential-led mixed use development comprising Use Classes C3, A1/A2/A3/A4/A5 and D1/D2, with associated site preparation/enabling works, transport infrastructure works, landscaping works and provision of car parking at LAND AT SOUTH OXHEY CENTRAL, MAYLANDS ROAD, HAYLING ROAD AND HALLOWES CRESCENT for Countryside Properties Plc16 04 21 PC i - (10) SO hybrid application16 0005 FUL - Addendum
11. 16/0237/FUL - Redevelopment of the site to provide 40 residential dwellings in three apartment blocks extending to four storeys in height with associated underground car parking, private and communal amenity space, refuse and cycle storage. Creation of second access off Eastbury Avenue at FORMER POCKLINGTON HOUSE EASTBURY AVENUE, NORTHWOOD, MIDDLESEX, HA6 3LN for Thomas Pocklington Trust Limited16 04 21 PC i - (11) 16 0237 FUL - Pocklington House Eastbury Avenue Northwood
12. 16/0301/FUL - Change of use from dance studio (Use Class D2) to one 2-bedroom flat and one 1-bedroom maisonette including single storey extension to rear, addition of rooflights, alterations to fenestration and alterations to provide additional parking space at THE STUDIO, COMMUNITY WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 3FH for Mr Scott Hiron16 04 21 PC i - (12) 16 0301 FUL - The Studio Community Way
13. 16/0383/FUL – Demolition of existing garages and erection of three new buildings each containing two, two bed flats with associated parking, including additional off road parking; landscaping and construction of bin store at GARAGES AT BROOMFIELD RISE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0HJ for Watford Community Housing Trust.16 04 21 PC i - (13) 16 0383 FUL - Broomfield Rise - Abbots Langley
14. 16/0420/FUL - Variation of Condition 16 (Vehicle Movements) of planning permission 12/2283/FUL (Renewal of 09/1723/FUL: Application to extend the time limit for implementation for the creation of new access to A412 (Denham Way) to serve a proposed mineral workings site in Buckinghamshire) to increase vehicular movements at DENHAM PARK FARM QUARRY, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, HERTFORDSHIRE for Harleyford Valley Ltd16 04 21 PC i - (14) 06 0420 FUL - Denham Park Farm Quarry Denham Way
15. 16/0512/FUL – Part single, part two storey front extension at 4 RUGBY WAY, CROXLEY GREEN, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 3PH for Mr R Barnes.16 04 21 PC i - (15) 06 0512 FUL - 4 Rugby Way - Croxley Green
16. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
17. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)