Extraordinary Audit Committee - Tuesday 26 July at 7.30pm
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Rickmansworth, on Tuesday, 26 July 2016 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Committee:-
Councillors:- Sarah Nelmes (Chairman) Steve Drury (Vice-Chairman)
Eric Bishop David Coltman
Angela Killick Joan King
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
15 July 2016
The Audit Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
To receive any declarations of interest.
3. FINANCIAL AND BUDGETARY RISKS
This report enables the Committee to monitor financial and budgetary risks. This report has been revised to take account of the Committee’s recommendations at its last meeting3-financial-budgetary-risks-cover.docx
4. INTERNAL AUDIT RECOMMENDATIONS – APPENDICES 3-9 RE-PRESENTED
This report gives details of the progress made in implementing the recommendations of the internal auditor. The report was considered at the previous Audit Committee (Item 10) and was agreed there. Appendices 3 – 9 were not agreed and Audit Committee required that they updated and brought back to this committee.4-appx-3-9-outstanding-recommendations.docx
5. OUTSTANDING RECOMMENDATIONS – DIESEL USAGE AUDIT
This report from the Head of Community Services updates the Committee on the progress to date on the diesel usage audit and recommends:
- that Committee notes the further improvements made to fuel monitoring at the depot as detailed in the report.
- that officers introduce manual spot checks comparing mileage and fuel consumption on vehicles as detailed in the report
- that Committee gives consideration as to whether a capital bid to replace the fuel pump should be prepared for consideration by Council at the 2017/18 budget setting
6. OUTSTANDING RECOMMENDATIONS – ASSET MANAGEMENT
This report from the interim Head of Property Services updates the Committee on the progress to date on the asset management audit and recommends:
- that the committee agree to the extension to 30 September 2016 for implementation of the first recommendation as a plan has now been put in place, is fully operational and on course to complete on time.
- that the committee consider the transfer of responsibility for the second recommendation from Property Services to ICT until the Uniform update is applied and in full working order.
7. OUTSTANDING RECOMMENDATIONS – HEALTH AND SAFETY
This report from the interim Head of Property Services updates the Committee on the progress to date on the health and safety audit and recommends:
- that the committee agree the recommendations have been fully implemented as of 12 July 2016 and that the recommendation can be removed from the active log.
8. IMPACT OF THE REFERENDUM RESULT TO LEAVE THE EU
This briefing note from the Head of Finance was requested at the last Committee meeting and provides an update on the effect on TRDC of the outcome of the plebiscite held on 23 June 2016 and the subsequent decision to leave the EU.8-hof-brexit-report.docx
9. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If any confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional item(s) and a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under the respective paragraphs of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act”.
General Enquiries: Please contact the Customer Services Centre, Tel: 01923 776611