Planning Committee - 20 April 2023
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House20th April 2023
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 20 April 2023 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Matthew Bedford (Vice Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
11 April 2023
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public are entitled to speak on an application from the published agenda for the meeting either in support of the application or against. Those who wish to speak can arrive on the night from 7pm to register with the Committee Manager. One person can speak in support of the application and one against.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings. If you wish to observe you can arrive on the night from 7pm.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not be broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 23 March 2023 and the Minute of the reconvened Planning Committee meeting held on 30 March 2023.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda item 5 to 11) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual report.
5. 22/1875/OUT - Outline application: Demolition of existing buildings and redevelopment to provide 29 residential flats (Use Class C3) (Landscaping as a reserved matter) at KNOLL OAK, SANDY LANE, NORTHWOOD, HERTS, HA6 3EZ
plans 1 plans 2 plans 3 photos
6. 22/2025/FUL – Construction of mixed use scheme comprising 244 sqm of retail space (Class E(a)), 36 flats (16 x one bed, 20 x two bed), associated access, car parking, bin and cycle storage and landscaping at ALPINE PRESS, STATION ROAD, KINGS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD4 8LF
plans 1 plans 2 plans 3 plans 4
7. 23/0191/FUL – Removal of Condition 2 (which requires the construction of a solid rendered wall to be erected to the first floor rear balcony) of planning permission 22/1120/RSP at 44 SANDY LODGE ROAD, MOOR PARK, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1LJ
8. 23/0248/FUL - Demolition of detached garage, store and conservatory; erection of single storey rear extension and two storey side extension at 102 KINDERSLEY WAY, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTS, WD5 0DQ
9. 23/0304/RSP – Part Retrospective: Erection of front porch and alterations to external materials including render at 32 BEACON WAY, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 7PE
10. 23/0356/RSP - Retrospective: Conversion of two dwellings into one with associated internal works, erection of replacement front porch and demolition of existing garage at 162 And 164 High Street, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1BA
11. 23/0381/RSP - Part Retrospective: Loft conversion incorporating hip to gable extension; front and rear dormer windows; front rooflight and flank window at 133 Frankland Road, Croxley Green, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 3AS
12. OTHER BUSINESS IF APPROVED UNDER ITEM 3
13. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the item(s) in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS IF APPROVED UNDER ITEM 3
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org