Through the Environmental Health Department, the Council has a legal duty to provide a range of services for the protection and benefit of people who live in, work in and visit the district. This involves giving advice about and the enforcement of statutory functions, including:
- Ensuring food safety through inspection and enforcement of hygiene standards in all food establishments.
- Enforcing, maintaining and promoting housing standards in the private sector and in houses of multiple occupation (e.g. bedsits).
- Reducing all forms of pollution, including domestic and industrial. See up-to-date local air pollution information.
- Animal Control including stray, lost and found dogs, licensing of animal welfare establishments and animal welfare advice.
- The Licensing of various services including for example taxis, small lotteries, nursing agencies, pubs and restaurants.
- How the Council will deal with neighbour disputes over High Hedges.
We strive to provide you with an open and prompt service, our delivery standards set out our target response times and service levels.
We monitor our performance and the responses to Customer Survey Forms, which are sent to everyone who uses our service.
Animal ControlEnvironmental HealthFood SafetyHealth and SafetyHigh HedgesHousing StandardsLicensingOut Of Hours EmergenciesService Delivery Standards