Housing repairs

What to do if your living conditions in your rental property are unsafe

Every tenant, whether renting privately or through a housing association, has the right to live in a safe property in a good state of repair.

If there is a problem with your rented accommodation, the first step is to report the issue to your landlord or managing agent. They should take the necessary steps to fix the problem.

If your landlord or managing agent does not perform the repair within a reasonable timeframe, you can report the problem to us. We will then liaise with your landlord to fix to ensure that the repair is carried out.

Report an issue with my rented accommodation

Disrepair issues we can help with include:

  • dampness and mould
  • problems with heating and hot water
  • faulty electrics
  • inadequate fire safety
  • drainage issues
  • poor security
  • hazardous or unsafe conditions leading to risk of falls, such as on stairwells and in bathrooms