Safeguarding children and adults at risk
This page provides information to members of the public who may come across children or adults at risk of abuse.
Abuse can take a variety of forms including domestic abuse, emotional abuse, exposure to extremism, financial abuse, modern slavery, neglect and physical and sexual abuse.
If a child or adult is in immediate danger or a crime is being committed, dial 999 for the police.
If you are concerned that abuse could be taking place but there is no immediate danger, please call or visit:
- To report concerns about a child: Please call Children’s Services at Hertfordshire County Council on 0300 123 4043 or complete the logging a concern form.
- To report concerns about an adult: Please call Adult safeguarding at Hertfordshire County Council on 0300 123 4042 or complete the concerns form.
- To report concerns about a potential victim of Modern Slavery or Human Trafficking: Please call the Modern Slavery Helpline on 0800 0121 700 or complete the report form.
- For mental health referrals: Please call Single Point of access on 0800 6444 101
For general information click on one of these links
- Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board website
- Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Partnership website
Three Rivers District Council's Safeguarding Children Young People and Adults At Risk Policy can be found on our Policies and Plans page.