Planning Committee - 20 April 2017
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House20th April 2017
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 20 April 2017 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Ann Shaw OBE
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
7 April 2017
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 23 March 2017.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (Sarum, Templepan Lane, Chandlers Cross, No.2) Tree Preservation Order 2017
6. Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (Dellwood and Rosecourt, Woodland Lane Chorleywood) Tree Preservation Order 2017
7. The following applications (agenda items 8 to 11) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
8. 17/0142/FUL – Variation of conditions 4 (Use of premises) and 5 (External area) of planning permission 15/1210/FUL to alter opening hours and external use of the rear garden at SWILLET HOUSE, 52 HERONSGATE ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTS, WD3 5BB for Mr Lusha
9. 17/0270/FUL - Demolition of existing dwelling; subdivision of the site and construction of two detached two-storey dwellings with basement level; alterations to landscaping; alterations to the front boundary including replacement entrance gates at 48 RUSSELL ROAD, MOOR PARK, NORTHWOOD, HA6 2LR for Mr and Mrs Mansoor Karim
10. 17/0368/FUL – Construction of new porch at 4 ORIOLE CLOSE, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD5 0GH for Mrs K Haisman
11. 17/0416/FUL - Demolition of existing hall and provision of 17no. units of temporary residential accommodation with associated car parking and landscape works, at WRVS BURY HALL, BURY LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, for Three Rivers District Council
12. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
13. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015