Planning Committee - 15 October 2020
Virtual meeting by remote access15th October 2020
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a virtual/remote meeting to be held on Thursday 15 October 2020 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Chris Lloyd (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
6 October 2020
“The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 made under the Coronavirus Act 2020 enable Council/Committee meetings to be held in a virtual format and enables remote attendance.
The meeting will start at 7.30pm and will be virtual/remote, in that they will be conducted at no specific location and all participants are at various locations, communicating via audio and online.
The Council welcomes contributions from Members of the public to its discussion on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Committee. Details of the procedure are provided below:
Members of the public wishing to speak will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the remote meeting. Those who wish to register to speak must do so by notifying the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (1 for and 1 against) will be sent a link so that they can join the meeting to exercise that right. This will also allow the Committee Team to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the remote meeting to forward to the Chair of the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part 1 business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council's meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
Please note that the meeting is being held virtually. The business of the meeting will be live streamed at – https://aisapps.sonicfoundry.com/AuditelScheduler/Player/Index/?id=a2f509be-3f16-4e31-a077-cd39207a4e17&presID=ff31642f5d5d42559215a89e6ea697171d
The Planning Committee virtual meeting protocol can be viewed below:
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 10 September 2020.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 10) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 20/1037/FUL & 20/1773/LBC - Installation of security gates at stone arch at Batchworth Lane entrance and installation of rising bollard, turning areas and fencing on estate road towards the Moor Lane entrance to golf club at MOOR PARK GOLF CLUB, BATCHWORTH HEATH, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1QN
6. 20/1326/FUL - Two storey side extension at THE WORKSHOP 17A HERONSGATE ROAD, CHORLEYWOOD WD3 5BN
7. 20/1476/FUL - Variation of Condition 2 (Approved Plans) of planning permission 20/0654/FUL (Conversion of agricultural barn into a single residential dwelling with associated access, demolition of stable and erection of a new outbuilding) at BARN SOUTH EAST OF OLD MILL HOUSE, SOLESBRIDGE LANE, CHORLEYWOOD WD3 5SX
8. 20/1603/FUL – Single storey front and rear extensions, internal alterations to offices at THE PAVILION, GREEN LANE, OXHEY HALL, WATFORD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD19 4LT
9. 20/1619/FUL - Demolition of existing bungalow and garage building and construction of relocated two storey detached house with associated hardstanding, including land level alterations and front boundary treatment at 8 ARMITAGE CLOSE, LOUDWATER, WD3 4HL
10. 20/1748/FUL - District Council Application: Demolition of existing two storey office building, two storey stacked portable cabins, and existing single storey sheds and stores, and the construction of a replacement two storey office building with meeting space and ancillary facilities to east of site. Alterations to car and lorry parking at BATCHWORTH DEPOT, HAREFIELD ROAD, RICKMANSWORTH WD3 1LU
11. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
12. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at